Razzy Rants: Music was my first love

.. and it will be my last. Words made immortal by the the artist John Miles in an amazing song. But just why is this the case? I can certainly tell for myself that this will most likely be the case.

Musicals!

Firstly I have to say I'm wasn't the biggest fan of musicals. The idea of an entire movie/play being outshone by the musical strength of their main lead, wasn't one I was too keen on. Luckily, there always is that one showing you not all musicals are bad. For me, that was "Moulin Rouge", the movie directed by Baz Luhrman and starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor in the main leads that has stolen my heart, and kindled my love for musicals. From the opeing scene where they introduce you to the difficult life of a penniless writer, to the big love songs at the end, these songs are fille with emotions. If the song is written and brought correctly, these songs can even turn the most unempathic person to tears. And for me Moulin Rouge is that movie. The joy I feel during the can-can (yea, I watch the extended version!), feeling naughty whenever you play the "Red room song", the hatred during "Roxanne" and the absolute love I feel that special person whenever I hear "Your Song" or "Come what may". Moulin Rouge will stay for me my all time favourite movie. 


Memories

I guess the one thing we can't deny is the fact that (almost) every song reminds us of something we've done, been through or someone. (or a combination) And those feelings are linked so hard they get triggered every time you hear that song. Funny though is, I sometimes don't even know WHY I react to certain songs.
"She goes nana" by the Radios always reminds me of a sunny summer with friends, "Back in the UK" brings me back to the time I still did fitness, "Poison", "Meet me halfway", "Smooth Flavours", "Chop Suey", ... all those songs remind me of someone special. And I guess that list not only goes on and on, but it keeps on growing. And allthough some I'll never see again, those songs will keep reminding me of "those good times". And I guess that's why music will be my last love.. 



For all those wanting to know more of what music fills my ears, just check my grooveshark :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Fantasy XV

DreadBall: Teraton Tactics

Disney Infinity 3.0: Review (PS4)