Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi

Wow, this is my first movie review, and I'd like to thank Disney Belgium for giving me this opportunity! What do you expect when going to the new Star Wars movie? I myself had high hopes, and a lot of questions. The last Jedi? What will Luke do with Rey? What happened between Kylo Ren and Luke? Who are Rey's parents? What about Kylo and Rey? What about the bromance between Poe and Finn? Will this spark the rebellion and who is Snoke now really? Does this movie deliver? It does!
The movie poster already shows a lot of the characters in the movie!

The Force Awakens recap

While I'll try not to spoil both the movies, I'm here to talk about my experiences.
The Force Awakens was a disappointing movie for me. Not because of the low story content (because everybody needs a backstory...), but because the lack of different crafts. As an avid X-Wing player I was really looking forward to the epic spacebattles, the ships going in against eachother and making the sky light up in blasterfire. Yet only the most iconic X-Wing and Tie Fighter took the stage. Making matters even worse, they had X-Wings perform bombing runs! B-Wings, Y-Wings are much more suited people! But those were nowhere to be found. All the geekiness aside, The Force Awakens did bring a lot of new characters to the Star Wars universe, and made us feel connected with them. Not only did Poe, Finn and Rey become instant-favourites of us, but old favourites like Han, Chewie and Leia returned to the scene! A new baddy in the form of Kylo Ren, and the First Order to oppose the Rebels. All that lead to a great start of a new trilogy!

The Last Jedi

which leads us to this movie. Rey has found Luke Skywalker on an abandoned island and is carrying the hope of the Rebellion on her shoulders. For those who want to know what happens next in the storyline, go watch the movie or ask me privately :D for the others that want to know what to expect, hang on!
Where there is Light, there is Darkness
Because it's hard not to spoil a movie, I do ask you to be certain before reading on. I've tried my best to keep it basic, though some is of course given. Let's go back to my questions and answer them and more!
First of all, the story tells us the tale of the last of the Rebels trying to escape the clutches of the First Order. While General Leia is trying to gather enough allies to stand against the First Order, Rey is busy trying to get the Jedi Order back to existence. But all does not go as hoped...

Do we get massive space battles?
Yes! Twice even! and some ground battles as well! With new ships being shown like the Resistance Bomber and the Tie Silencer, older classics like the A-Wing, X-Wing, Tie Fighter and a Mon Calamari Cruiser have a more prominent role. 

Does another main character die?
Yes. Although I won't go into details it's a sad yet perfect way for the character to be returned to the Force.

Does the bromance live on between Poe and Finn?
Yes it does, though Poe loves BB-8 more ^_-

Is Rey the Last Jedi? Who is Snoke? 
Aha! Let me not spoil the entire movie for you :D

Is this an awesome movie?
Yes, yes it is, go see it now!

Go see this movie, you must!


If you feel like I've left out something, or if you've got any other feedback, don't hesitate to comment! Especially if you like it :) If you'd like to read/see more of me and my gaming exploits, be sure to follow me on FacebookTwitter or follow my story on Snapchat !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Fantasy XV

DreadBall: Teraton Tactics

Disney Infinity 3.0: Review (PS4)