X-wing miniatures Tombstones: Conversions

Playing the game, I quickly became annoyed with how boring the numbers were when using the default tombstones. Especially since Star Trek does have the fancy faces! Because of this I went online and found others that had the same idea... This got me working...
I'm gonna getcha...

Getting started

Firstly I started getting the correct measurements for the original tombstones. This would be 15mm wide, 16mm high and 2mm thick. With the curvature to take into account, any one with some Photoshop skills can get underway.
That's a lot of tombstones!

Next...

up is finding the pictures. Luckily our good friend Google helped me with this part of the task, and I quickly found some decent pictures for me to use. Placing them in the file was done quickly using selection and layer switching. Being a (almost solo) Rebel Player, this was my primary target and I made a few to get me started
Some of the pictures were taken to resemble their respective cards

Finally...

I just printed it out on normal paper (with high DPI) and cut it out. Using simple white glue, I then pasted them on top of the existing tombstones and left them to dry overnight
Just letthing them dry overnight. One for the model, one on the card
This left me with some cooler models to display in my next tournament! For the nitpicky players you might meet during some plays, there's still one side that has numbers on it, so you can easily switch them out!
Victory was achieved on the battlefield!

For the fans of this work, and those who want to make them themselves, can find my template here! Do not forget to at least thank me in the comments :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Fantasy XV

DreadBall: Teraton Tactics

Disney Infinity 3.0: Review (PS4)