Deadzone scenery: painting

Having a free night, and an upcoming 40k battle, I finally picked up my courage and started painting on my Scenery kit I've bought From Mantic Games a while ago..
This was where I left off last time..
Firstly, of course I've put on the base layer. Herefore I used an "Army Painter" spray can, white.
I didn't cover everything with the spray, but just white enough

Secondly I started by experimenting with some color schemes until I found the one I wanted. Since I really can't paint that great, and the time I have is quite limited, I stuck to simply painting some accents "Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow" and "Citadel Wazdakka Red". The grates were painted "Citadel Ironbreaker", and the door lock got a layer of "Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow" and "Citadel Teclis blue". This gave me a nice clean result( IMHO).
Always try and keep your color scheme

Trying to weather the pieces, I then continued to pick up a sponge (actually a piece of my battlefoam) and dabbed it in some "Citadel Ironbreaker". Dabbing it on a piece of paper to get most off, and then just started dipping it all around the pieces, in random positions (always dipping, never wiping) and I got a nice result! All the connector pieces got a little color to them to fit the theme as well.
It's been through some stuff..

Once all pieces were weathered, I quickly tried to assemble my model and went for a "shop"-look, clear windows in the front, entries in front and back, and a little ladder to climb up the building!
Welcome to Arms-R-Us!
Go up the stairs for a great view

All in all, this took me around 3 hours once they were basecoated. Having done this little project, I've had more trouble figuring out what to do, than actually doing it. This very affordable kit was easy to build, and actually gave me a great looking scenery building with very little effort. With their upcoming line of scenery products, I can see myself expanding this to create an entire table for all my futuristic war games, so certainly check out their products here.

Although I do keep my remark (as you can read in my review here), that while the system allows you to rebuild your scenery into different builds, the connector pieces are very prone to breaking. Though if you take some care in assembly/disassembly, this shouldn't pose that much of a problem. Although I wouldn't recommend you rebuilding these buildings every day..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Fantasy XV

DreadBall: Teraton Tactics

Disney Infinity 3.0: Review (PS4)